Welcome to Thomas Graf Lab –
- German national born in Vienna, Austria
- 1951-1963Primary and secondary school in Caracas, Venezuela
- June 1969Ph.D. at the University of Tübingen
- 1969-1971Research assistant at the Max Planck Institute of Virology, Tübingen.
- 1972-1973Postdoctoral Fellow (Fellowship from the “Jane Coffin Childs Memorial Fund Research”) and Instructor, Dept. of Microbiology and Immunology, Duke University, Medical Center, Durham, N.C., U.S.A.
- 1973-1978Group leader, Max Planck Institute of Virology, Tübingen.
- 1978-1983Section Head and Professor, Institute of Virology, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg.
- 1983-1998Programme Coordinator and Senior Scientist, European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg.
- 1998-2006Professor of Developmental and Molecular Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461.
- 2006-2015ICREA Research Professor and Programme Coordinator, Centre for Genomic Regulation, Barcelona, Spain.
- 2015-presentSenior Scientist, Centre for Genomic Regulation, Barcelona, Spain
- 1983Wilhelm-Warner-Foundation Award, Hamburg, Germany
- 1983Main Prize, German Society for Microbiology and Hygiene, Frankfurt
- 1988Kind-Philipp-Foundation Leukemia Research Award, Frankfurt, Germany
- 1988Josef-Steiner-Foundation Prize, Bern, Switzerland
- 1988Theodor Boveri Award, Würzburg, Germany
- 1989Paul Ehrlich-Ludwig Darmstädter Prize, Frankfurt
- 1985European Molecular Biology Organization
- 1997Academia Europaea
- 2008-2014Board of Directors of the International Society of Stem Cell Research
- Journal of General Virology (1977-1987)
International Journal of Cancer (1985-2000)
Leukemia Research (1986-1988)
Oncogene Research (1987-1992)
Progress in Growth Factor Research (1988-1992)
Genes & Development (1988-1996)
Journal of Cell Regulation (1989-1992)
Cancer Cells (1989-1992)
Molecular Biology of the Cell (1992-1994)
BBA Reviews of Cancer (1990-1995)
Genes to Cells (Founding editor, 1995-2004)
Faculty 1000 (2002-2010)
Cell Stem Cell (2007-present)
Stem Cell Research (2009-present)
Stem Cell Reports, Associate editor (2012-present)